Friday, April 23, 2010

Who cares

Rielle Hunter, the former mistress and current baby-mama to moral cripple John Edwards will be Oprah's guest next week. I would have thought that by now enough was said about the whole tawdry mess. But then, it is the beginning of the May sweeps.

Maybe Hunter and Edwards are planning June nuptials and think an appearance with Oprah will salvage what's left of Hunter's reputation as a videographer. I can't imagine that any of that matters now that Edwards' political career is dead. Who knows? But Hunter seems to be following in the stiletto heeled footsteps of other women who hope to parlay their misadventures into what passes these days for media celebrity.

Michelle "Bombshell" McGree, one of the many women with whom Jesse James dallied is on record as wanting a face-to-face with betrayed wife Sandra Bullock. Although Bombshell claims that want to apologize to Bullock, I bet her real agenda is to paint herself as the one who was betrayed by James and not Bullock who married that creep in the first place.

Once upon a time, being a mistress did not automatically catapult into national prominence--unless you were Wallis Simpson or Camilla Parker-Bowles. But Rachel Uchitel, the first of Tiger Woods' many lady friends, has gained a gig as a correspondent on Extra. But then, unlike Jaimee Grubbs, she didn't share the sordid details of her e-mails with the public.

These women gained their 15 minutes of fame by sleeping with another woman's husband and then claiming they were innocent victims duped by a lying, cheating, bastard. Well, Woods, Edwards and James may all be lying, cheating bastards, but I don't think their various paramours were innocent babes in the woods. Moreover, unlike the former Camilla Parker-Bowles, I doubt that their charming princes can offer them a title, other than round heels of the year.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Somebody essentially assist to make critically posts I would state.
That is the first time I frequented your website page
and up to now? I surprised with the research you made to create this particular publish incredible.
Fantastic job!

Here is my page venom ()

Anonymous said...

I always spent my half an hour to read this webpage's articles everyday along with a cup of coffee.

Also visit my weblog looduspildid